.

Thank you

Hi!  I made a simple card to share.  It's a Thank you for my son's preschool teacher's aide.  Her last day is this Friday so even though my son has only known her for a couple months, I thought we could at least make her a couple of thank you cards.  Why do preschool teacher's aides have such a high turnover rate?  It makes it so difficult for children.

My card was inspired by the Deconstructed Sketch #21, PTI's Make It Monday #35--custom washi tape, and Lawn Fawn's WCMD challenge--thank you cards.


I liked the sketch and I wanted to keep my card really simple just to show the custom washi tape.  Cardstock and sentiment is from PTI.  Paper doily is from Martha Stewart.

The widest width scor tape I have is half an inch so I taped 3 strips edge to edge on the tissue paper to make a wider one.  I stamped Lawn Fawn's hearts from Teeny Tiny Backdrops.  Then taped it onto a piece of clear cardstock (PTI) before cutting it with PTI's butterfly die.  The clear cardstock makes it strong enough to keep its shape and is just a bit transparent.  The longer strip is the half inch washi tape.  This is such a neat way to make washi tape!

Also wanted to share the thank you card my son made for his teacher.  He liked the card I had made with TGF's Birthday Ian so wanted to copy it.  His says thank you instead of love you.

I'm off to take the kiddies out for lunch. 

Thanks for reading!