.

Mini Notebook

Hi!  I was at Walmart the other day looking for Halloween candy.  Mostly for us to eat, not give out.  Hahaha.  Well, no one comes to our house anyway.  But while I was there, I found this super cute mini composition book and thought I'd try to alter it.  Thinking if I should enter this one in the TGF Altered Notebook challenge too.  I've seen other blogs alter composition books but this is my first one.

The composition book measures 4.5 x 3.25 inches.  I cut 2 pieces of Doodlebug paper above to just fit the front and back.  I used TGF's Oh Boy! Ian.  He is such a cutie and such a versatile stamp.  Perfect for any project.  I wanted this one to be more boyish since I made the other notebook girly.  And both my boys love cars!  We must have a hundred at least.

I cut a strip of yellow cardstock that wasn't too stiff and rubbed on the sentiment and car (from Imaginisce).  Then just glued it on.  This was a fairly fast and simple project to do.

Here's the back.  My paper seems a bit short at the top.  I try to follow PTI's Nicole Heady's advice about leaving the paper bigger and trimming it after but when I do that it's crooked!  All her projects and ideas are always so perfect.

The size of this is just right for little kids.  So I left it fairly simple.  Plus I know it will get wasted soon enough.

This was an exciting week for me having won TGF's Old Skool challenge.  I haven't won anything that big before.  And thank you for all the sweet comments!  It makes crafting even more enjoyable.  Thanks especially to my co-blogger who takes the time in her busy life to comment!  Well, I have a couple more ideas in my head I have to work on.  I have been brainstorming these ideas for a while now and they are dying to get out.  Thanks for reading and have a great Aloha Friday!