.

best witches

Hi!  Wasn't it nice to see a post from Cheryl??  She needs more time to craft.  Anyway, I was inspired by the sketch at Some Odd Girl and the recipe challenge #20 over at Paper Works Co to make a little something.  It's my first time with the Paper Works Co challenge though I've visited the site often for their cute Rachelle A. Miller stamps.  Thought I'd give this challenge a try after spotting it on Corinne's blog as well.  The recipe calls for an image that "floats," ribbon and brads/eyelets.

Here's the SOG sketch.

Here's my card using SOG's Witchy Tia.  I was so excited for so many different reasons to make this card.  Kristy over at SOG celebrated her birthday with a sale so I picked up some digital images.  I think it's still on until this weekend.  But you might remember me saying I didn't like my printer because my images always smeared with my Copics even after a night of drying or heat setting.  BUT I realized with my new addiction to colored pencils that I didn't really have to worry about this anymore since I don't use OMS either.  AND the other great thing??  You can change the outline color of the stamp image!  So I printed this out in a light peach tone instead of black for that no black lines look. 

AND I'm also excited cause I just bought my first set of Prisma colored pencils today.  I've been using a combination of Crayola/Hello Kitty/Rose Art pencils.  I'll try the Prisma colored pencils tonight!  I was so lucky to win a gift card to Ben Franklin from Joy's blog and it came just in time to use with my 40% off coupon.  It really helped with the purchase.



Back to my card!  The tag and sentiment is from PTI.  I wrapped some black and orange ribbon around the card and attached a purple brad to the tag.  And witches on broomsticks float, right?  Hopefully, that qualifies.  Hehe. 

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!