.

blood, sweat and tears

Hello!  My post title sounds a little gross but that is what it took for me to finish my latest sewing project.  Okay, maybe it was mostly just sweat cause it is so hot and humid again here but there were some frustrating sewing moments.  Just wanted to throw my hands up in the air and then bang my head on the sewing table and maybe just silently say some choice words but I am so happy that I'm done. 

Here is my youngest one holding all three fabric Trick or Treat bags.  I love the print on here.  Both the black and green liner fabrics are from Riley Blake Doodlebug.  The gingham fabric on the bottom of the bags was from Walmart.  I am so happy I found the gingham fabric.  I was looking for just plain black or orange or some other Halloween-y color but couldn't find any so thought I'd try the gingham and it adds so much fun to the bags.

I found this tutorial HERE and used the measurements as my starting point for the bags.  I also knew I wanted to try personalizing these bags.  I cut the letters out using thin felt from Walmart and my PTI alphabet dies.  I used the Ultra Hold Heat n Bond adhesive to stick the letters on the bag.  I didn't want to sew over the letters so I hope the adhesive really is ultra hold strong!

All the bags have a wide square bottom and I ironed on a backing on the fabrics for added support.

All the handles are a bit different because I was using up all the scraps of fabric.  Even with the headaches that came with sewing these bags, I love them.  Hmmm, sounds a lot like children.  I plan to give them to my kids' teachers' children for Halloween.  Hope they like it!

Thanks so much for dropping by!